Sunday 12 October 2014

Back from holiday!

Me and my partner, Lucy, just returned from a wonderful holiday to the North coast of Poland, Berlin, and Amsterdam. We attended the lovely wedding of my friends, Florian and Honorata, near to where Honorata grew up in Poland, and swam in the Baltic Sea in October (although it was still incredibly cold). The city breaks in Berlin and Amsterdam were fantastic, and whilst we walked a lot and were very busy in Berlin, we slowed down in Amsterdam as we had both been there before, just walking the canals and stopping to drink coffee. There is an air of ease and freedom meandering across the waterways of Amsterdam.

I did no running at all during the holiday - purposefully leaving my running shoes behind. First day back yesterday I got on the exercise bike for 30 minutes, and today I ran a 10k with a warm up/down on the bike. The legs felt good so I kept a decent pace, averaging just under 8 minute miles, although I did feel a slight tension in the right calf in the last mile. It's a good return although I will keep monitoring how the legs feel. I now have a new target of the New Forest marathon in February 2015, which gives me 4 months of training over the winter. Training in the dark, cold, and wet doesn't bother me all that much, but I will have to be vigilant of the muscles in the cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment