Tuesday 13 January 2015

Fantastic running week

It's been a fantastic running week and an eventful and unusual weekend! The running form has continued with no calf issues - two 8-mile runs mid-week at okay pace, and then a 20 mile run on Saturday at 8-minute miling. The last 3-4 miles hurt but overall the legs recovered well and there was no flaring of the calf problems. I can only assume that the exercises that physio John has given me (described earlier in this blog) are doing the trick.

Unfortunately, I managed to get a blister on my right foot where I'd had some pompholyx eczema (a recent running issue), with a bit of swelling around the toes. Waking up Sunday morning it was clear that my foot was more swollen and fighting something off, and later that day it was getting worse. I was somewhat surprised to also find that my entire torso was covered in a rash, and on phoning NHS 111 was told to get to the ambulatory care department of the BRI that evening. Luckily, it seems it's just an infection that got in through the blister, accompanied by some strange bodily reaction, so I was given antibiotics and told to rest for a few days which I have itched my way through.

This same weekend, we thought we had lost the cat (missing for over 24 hours but turned up nonchalantly as if nothing had happened); we viewed a flat (weren't really intending to but saw an amazing and unique one!); and Lucy was offered two more clients on her counselling placement. I just need to get well enough to get running again and hope the legs still work the same - less than six weeks to the marathon!


No comments:

Post a Comment