Thursday 29 January 2015

Twenty six days to twenty six miles

Twenty six days to go and it hasn't escaped my attention that there is one day left for every mile I will have to run. I feel that this is somehow apt - the marathon is not only run over the 26 miles on the day, but over the many more miles run over the days and months leading up to it. This miniature mountain of time and distance (and hills) already covered is what makes my sensations heighten as the event draws nearer - I have put in so much effort to get this far that I don't want to miss out due to injury or illness at this late point.

The exercises John has recommended have adjusted my posture to the point that the right calf is not as problematic as it was, although this adjustment does seem to have ignited soreness in the left achilles. I am working on my gait to increase speed and reduce effort in the legs. This weekend will be my last truly long run before the marathon. As long as that goes well it will be all about keeping the legs ticking over for a few weeks and giving absolutely everything on the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment