Tuesday 23 December 2014

Am I feeling improvement?

I am loathe to say it after only a few days of my new computer set-up at home and adding in the standing-to-sitting exercises to my 3 sets of exercises per day, but I may be feeling some improvement. The calf still aches and complains a bit, but seems to recover quickly and I don't get quite the same taut, guitar-string, could-snap-any-moment feeling. Also, I am getting an ache in the upper right butt, suggesting either I'm having new problems or that area is starting to take on some of the load. However, if I compare the right leg to the left, it is still nowhere near better...the left leg jsut does all this stuff without a murmur.

Following the 15-miler on Sunday and a decent runabout in a singles badminton game on Monday, overall things felt good (or at least better than I'd have expected) and I felt like pushing it a little today. My first mile is always slow because I'm getting going and it's where a lot of the uphill is from our flat. However, following an intial 8:30 mile, I ran a speedy further 8 miles to average under 7:30-minute miling for a bit over 9 miles altogether, including a sub 1-hour first 8 miles.

As always, I need to see how the body reacts, and I have another physio appointment tomorrow before the Christmas break so I'll see what he thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment