Sunday 21 December 2014

Made it to 15 miles

On a damp but mild morning, I set off hoping for at least 10 miles to get 25 for the week. I am never certain at the moment how my leg is going to react, but with a slightly slower start it all held together pretty well for the journey to the downs. I felt the odd twinge, but it wasn't until around the 11-12 mile mark that I really started to get some warning signs from the right calf. Because I'd put on some distance cruising around the downs I was going to have to run 13.6 miles to make it home, so pushed on to 14, and then possibly stupidly decided to add a little extra to get to 15 despite complaints from the leg. So 15 miles complete in 1:58, just under 8 minutes per mile...I'm pleased but will definitely have to check my leg hasn't fallen off over night...

No comments:

Post a Comment