Friday 5 September 2014

Physio Trip #2

Well, it seems that my original injury has pretty much cleared up, but has spawned follow-up injuries. I have a strain on the mid-right of the calf where the soleus folds under the higher calf muscles. The physio thinks this is because my posture has adjusted to protect the original injury. In addition, that muscle area is 'toned' (i.e., not properly relaxed) which is probably what the blocky feeling I had on the right of that calf was. He did some sometimes excruciating sports massage on it to release the tension, and taped up the right soleus muscles to add a bit of support.

Overall, he is also quite worried. I have 6 weeks to the marathon, and he says I need to rest the leg as long as possible whilst continuing the strengthening exercises, which doesn't really give me much time to build back up. I'll give it a week and see how it feels...

No comments:

Post a Comment