Wednesday 3 September 2014

Concerned

A slow four miles up on the downs on Monday evening resulted in a slight twinge in the left calf and a dull ache, almost like a dead leg, in the right. However, all seemed mostly healthy and I was fine the next day and could continue the physio exercises.

However, this evening a very slow (10:30-minute miles) jog resulted in a real pain in the right calf at about 2.5 miles. Stretched it out and jogged again a bit but decided to stop and walk home. My jog was so gentle it was nearly walking but amazingly I seem to have really pinged something. Lots of soreness in the calf if I bend the knee on the right leg and support weight. I've iced it and used ibuprofen gel.

For the first time I am genuinely concerned I may not be able to do the marathon, even slowly. Only six weeks to go and I'm struggling to do 3 miles without causing further issues. This makes me very disappointed. I've got a follow-up appointment with the physio tomorrow so I'll see what he says but I'm a little pessimistic this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment