Monday 15 September 2014

Russian roulette

I did another run this morning - sandwiched between short sessions on the exercise bike: 2 miles bike; 4.2 miles run; 5 miles bike. Felt slight twinges in both the left and right calves but these didn't turn into anything more serious and I completed the run averaging around 9:30 minute miles. This is still slow, and it does feel like Russian roulette with the calves...tempting them, almost goading them, into another serious strain. I still feel that they most likely aren't going to make it up to serious distances, but I'm going to keep gradually increasing the distance until they go and I postpone the marathon, or miraculously they stay solid. I'm loving putting in some cycling so I actually get some cardio workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment